So how do you roll?
The wheel of life model has been used in many coaching courses and sometimes has 3, 5, 8 or even more life areas that you can measure how your life is going and where you need to focus.
Generally these include some format around health, wealth and relationships as ‘spokes’ in the wheel.
The example below allows you to see how you could rate areas of your life
- Rate your happiness with each area (1-10)
- Draw a line to intersect each of these
- How close to a wheel is it?
So how well does your wheel roll… is it smooth or bumpy?
“Where do I fall over?” How even is your ‘wheel’?
Areas where you are low are good to focus on. Perhaps you may be spending too much time on the high ones?
This serves as a good measure (a baseline) for where you are at any one moment.
However mindfulness can help with thinking more about how you show up each day.
The better question is: “Are you creating balance in your life?”
Another format is a model I have been working on with a subtle variation on these traditional models and adds 2 key elements to the ‘spokes’.
- Core: – Your key connection to this world/ your spirit
- The Tyre: Growth and learning.
Mindful practice allows you to consider the wheel in your daily practice and take stock .
- Are all areas of your life equal in size and happiness?
- Are there areas to work on to smooth your glide through life?
- For example : Some people are super wealthy but unhealthy or super healthy but at a cost to a relationship?
How connected do you feel?
- Improve connection (our soul, our core being) and
How big is the wheel?
- Pump our tyres (growth and learning)
- How are you growing?
Perhaps you could undertake the WOL quiz and see where you are.?
Get in touch.